Where are the Lost Ten Tribes of Israel?

Britain and U.S.A. Identified Today in Bible Prophecy

The literal descendants of the lost ten-tribed House of Israel are found today in the British Commonwealth of Nations, the United States of America, and certain countries of north-western Europe, particularly Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Holland. Without a knowledge of this amazing truth, the full understanding of the prophecies of the Bible is impossible. Two-thirds of the Bible is devoted to the formation of the Israel nation, its Biblical history, its prophetic role in world happenings over the last 2,000 years, and its ultimate destiny in the coming age of Christ's reign on earth. The identity of the Anglo-Saxon-Celtic nations with the Israel of the Bible is the key that unlocks the mysteries of Bible prophecy.

It is certain that the Jews do not comprise the whole nation of Israel, but represent only a minority section. In Old Testament times Israel was divided by civil war into two houses, the House of Judah and the House of Israel. The House of Judah, or the Jews, consisted of only two of the twelve tribes of Israel, the tribes of Judah and Benjamin, with a portion of the tribe of Levi in addition. The Jews today represent only a remnant of the House of Judah.

Almost the whole of the House of Judah was taken captive to Babylon in about 580 B.C., and only 49,000 returned to the promised land 70 years later (See EZRA 2:64-65). "Ezra ... records the return to Palestine under Zerubbabel ... of a Jewish remnant. But the mass of the nation and most of the princes remained by preference in Babylon and Assyria, where they were prospering" (Scofield Reference Bible).

This remnant of Judah remained in Palestine until the coming of Jesus Christ. Following their rejection of the Messiah, the Romans came against them in A.D. 70, led by Titus, and after a great massacre of hundreds of thousands of Jewish people, carried the remainder away into captivity.

The Jews intermarried widely with the people among whom they moved (See EZRA 9:2; NEHEMIAH 13:23-25), and the great Jewish historian Josephus, who lived about the time of Christ, states that the whole nation of the Edomites (the descendants of Esau, Jacob's brother) was absorbed among the Jews and ceased to be a separate nation. According to modern estimates, only about 18% of the Jewish people today represent the true descendants of the House of Judah. They are called the Sephardim Jews, and are generally light skinned and fair. The other 82% are called the Ashkenazim Jews, and are generally dark and swarthy, characteristics which are not Israelitish in origin, but have been inherited from the Gentile nations among whom they have moved.

Source: 'Voice of Revival'